Pickering Joinery guarantees our products against defects arising from faulty workmanship or materials for a period of seven (7) years from the date of delivery, subject to the following conditions:
a) The product has been installed in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards and recognised building practices (see Pickering Joinery Installation procedures).
b) The product has been maintained in accordance with industry recommendations (see Pickering Joinery Maintenance/Operation Procedures).
c) The product has not been subject to misuse, physical abuse or neglect.
d) Timber goods are sealed with two coats of paint, varnish or sealer, to all faces and edges, prior to being exposed to weather. This exterior protection must be maintained at all times throughout the warranty period. Exterior quality finishes must be in light reflective colors. The application of Dark colored stains and paints to exterior surfaces will potentially void warranty.
e) It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the paint, varnish or sealer used, does not have a detrimental effect on the silicon and seals used in glazing windows and doors. If unsure, advice should be sought from Pickering Joinery.
e) Manufacturing standards and tolerances are not deemed defects.
f) Pickering Joinery accepts no responsibility for glass breakage (except for faulty workmanship or materials).
g) It is the responsibility of the purchaser to carry out a Site Thermal Assessment to ensure against thermal cracking of glass. Pickering Joinery will not be liable for any glass that cracks due to site conditions.
g) Moving parts, which wear out as part of normal use, are guaranteed for one (1) year. This includes, but is not limited, to hardware, tracks and rollers.
h) This guarantee is limited to the repair or replacement only, of the faulty product at the company’s discretion but does not extend to the installation or refinishing of a replacement product. No payment for any other expenses, consequential loss and damage, or third party claims caused by a defect, will be covered.
i) Some site repairs require the installation of safe working platforms (ie. Scaffold). This is the responsibility of the purchaser, if the repair must be carried out on site.
i) Only repairs carried out by Pickering Joinery personnel or authorised Pickering Joinery agents are covered by this guarantee.
k) Claims under this guarantee should me made within one month of the defect arising in the product. Copies of documentation showing the purchase date of the product should be included with your written claim and forwarded Pickering Joinery.
This guarantee is in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of this product to which you are entitled under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
1.All joinery, including the top and the bottom rails (end grain) and all cut outs for locks, hinges etc must be sealed with an approved sealant or oil based primer within 24 hours of delivery to site. Any warping or shrinkage due to ineffective sealing will not be covered by warranty.
2. A warp not exceeding 5mm on doors up to 2134 x 914 x 35mm or 6mm on doors over 2134 x 914 x 35mm and up to 2438 x 1219 x 35mm will not be considered a defect.
3. All joinery should be stored flat, away from direct sunlight and out of the weather at all times. Joinery must also be stored away from wet trades (eg mortar /render), which can irreparably stain the timber.
4. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the frame is plumb and level when fitted and that the factory clearances are maintained. The frame must be positioned so that it is square and free of twists to allow the joinery to operate correctly.
5. All joinery must be fitted in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards including flashing as required.
6. Doors and windows must be hung with the putty or glazing bead to the exterior.
7. All timber doors should be hung with a minimum of 3 x 100mm butt hinges.
8. When hanging joinery clearance for 3-4 coats of paint must be allowed in order to eliminate any binding.
9. Items prehung in factory may require some final adjustment on site after installation. This is the responsibility of the purchaser.
10. Generally all hardware and seals required for each window type are pre fitted in our factory. Removal of such items is done so at the purchasers risk and will be their responsibility to reinstall.
11. Do not paint solid timber exterior doors with dark colours, as direct sunlight will cause severe damage to the timber underneath and twisting of the joinery.
12.Protect glass from contamination during construction as this will simplify the cleaning at the end of the project. If the glass is not protected during construction then it should be cleaned frequently during construction. Construction dust, eachate from concrete and rusting from steel can contribute to the formation of mild chemicals, which may stain or damage the glass. If accidentally splashed as mentioned above, wash off immediately with clean water, otherwise permanent staining or damage may occur.
13 Do not use acid to remove mortar stains on window frames.
14. Keep the tracks of sliding windows and doors clear of sand and cement droppings.
15. Windows and doors must not be subject to regular wetting by an irrigation system.